My family would get together to enjoy each other’s company, food, and laughs. Each family would bring a dish to share; my personal favorites were deviled eggs and my Aunt El’s cucumber salad. There was always a nice spread of desserts. Lots of desserts. Trifles, fruit salads, cakes, cookies - you name it.
Makes approximately 4 servings.
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1/8 cup chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp softened butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup fresh whipped cream
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Fresh mint (garnish)
- To make no-bake crumble: combine oats, almonds, honey, butter, vanilla, and cinnamon in a food processor and pulse until ingredients are coarsely combined but moist.
- In a separate bowl, add yogurt and fold freshly whipped cream into yogurt until blended.
- To assemble tarts, layer crumble on the bottom of a glass dish. Add a layer of cream mixture and top with strawberries and blueberries as desired. Garnish with fresh mint.
A special thank you to those who serve and have served our country! God bless.
What are some of your favorite Fourth of July traditions?